Tutor Application Procedure:
All tutors must be Singaporean/PR, possessing at least one of the following qualifications:
- Degree from NUS/NTU/SMU/SIM or other recognised institutions
- If currently an NIE trainee, he/she must have completed at least GCE ‘A’ Levels/hold a polytechnic diploma
- Undergraduates from NUS/NTU/SMU/SIM or other recognised institutions are welcome
- Diploma from a local polytechnic or other recognised institution
Tutors must have also obtained:
- At least a grade B4 for English and Mathematics at GCE ‘O‘ Level (or Science if applying to teach that subject)
If you fulfil the above criteria, you may proceed with the tutor application. All applications to become tutors are to be submitted online via MENDAKI’s Online Programme Registration System (OPRS). You may access it at http://oprs.mendaki.org.sg.
For ease of application, please prepare scanned copies/ photos (system accepts .pdf, .jpeg, .doc files) of the following BEFORE you proceed with your application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- NRIC (front and back)
- Educational certificates and transcripts (from ‘O’ Levels onwards)
- Other relevant supporting documents (testimonials, etc)
Tips For Application:
- Scroll down and select “Tutor Registration”
- After completing the first step, we recommend that you click “Save as Draft” before continuing to the other steps.
- Once you do, a tutor registration number (TRN) will be sent to you via email and SMS. Do take note of this TRN in case you encounter any problems, as you will need to quote your TRN in the email when seeking help.
- When registering, be sure to specify the programme you wish to tutor for in the coming year i.e. “MTS”. Also, please only indicate the zone you would like to teach in based on proximity to your address.
- Once your registration is complete and successfully submitted, you should receive an email indicating this and subsequently a Zone Officer from SENSE will contact you to schedule a face to face interview if you are successful.
We regret that incomplete registrations will not be considered, and only shortlisted applicants will be notified for the interview.
Interested applicants can contact the relevant SENSE Officers as follows:
MTS (East) – 6708 6453 (Ms Nadira Ardi)
MTS (North) – 6708 6455 (Mr Faiz Zainudin)
MTS (West) – 6708 6451 (Ms Norimah)
For further enquiries on MTS, please visit http://mts.mendaki.org.sg/ or email us at MTS@msense.sg.
For any enquiries on materials, curriculum or any resources in MTS, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.