NSA SkillsFuture for Digital Community / Basic Digital Skills
The target group for this module will be learners from all industries. At the end of this module, learners will be able to use their mobile devices for daily activities such as searching for information on Google, communicating through Gmail and WhatsApp, as well as conduct online transactions and making e-payments using mobile banking apps. Participants will also be able to use mobile apps such as SingPass mobile, OneService app, LifeSG etc, to access government digital services. Participants will also be able to stay safe online by using cybersecurity tips such as setting strong passwords and 2FA.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Connect to the internet.
- Set up Wireless@SGx for mobile devices.
- Access Google using mobile device.
- Search for information using Google.
- Use Google Maps to search for direction.
- Create an email account.
- Read, compose and reply to an email.
- Set up a WhatsApp account.
- Add contacts to WhatsApp.
- Send messages, images and files using WhatsApp.
- Make voice calls and video calls.
- Download and set up FairPrice app.
- Use FairPrice app to search for products and make purchases.
- Set up DBS, POSB, OCBC etc mobile banking apps.
- Use DBS, POSB, OCBC etc mobile banking apps to transfer funds and make payments.
- Scan QR code to make payments.
- Access government services by using apps such as SingPass Mobile, LifeSG etc.
- Identify the various aspects of cybersecurity, such as phishing, malware and scams.
Duration: 6 hours (1 day)
Course Fee $ 107 (per module). (inclusive of 7% GST – $8.40).
NSA Funding (Non-Malay Muslim – 50 years and above – $32.40)
NSA Funding (Malay Muslim – 50 years and above – $10.00)
YM Funding (Malay Muslim – 49 years and below – $53.50)
To qualify for this program, learners should possess / be / be able to:
- Learners aged 50 & above.