The Employability Skills – Supervisory level training modules may be taken individually by workers to address specific gaps in current skills, or as a complete programme cumulating to a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC). It comprises 7 competency units across the Employability Skills Framework Level 3.
– Enable individuals to understand and apply self-awareness techniques and model Emotional Intelligence principles to facilitate understanding and management of self and others in a team and to cultivate a positive emotional climate at the workplace
– Apply knowledge and life skills such as: managing time effectively, maintaining work-life balance, as well as managing stress and personal finances to be effective at the workplace as a team leader or supervisor
– Facilitate work team activities and improve team performance by promoting ownership and commitment among team members, maintaining positive relationships among team members with diverse backgrounds and providing support and opportunities for individual and team contributions.
– Able to promote effective communication within the team and use appropriate communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills. This will enable the participants to build a good rapport and relationship with colleagues, stakeholders and customers, as well as resolve conflicts through negotiation while taking diversity issues into consideration
– How an individual can identify areas for continuous improvement and apply strategies to facilitate, motivate and sustain initiative and innovation in the team while also being able to identify, evaluate and measure risks associated with innovation and taking initiative at a team level.
– Acquire the skills to work with a team of subordinates in practising problem solving and decision-making, which includes anticipating and identifying potential problems, facilitating team’s effort to resolve the problem, making appropriate decisions and seeing implementation plans through.
– Analyse employability issues in the global context, promote personal and professional growth in a team and use strategies to adapt team members to the changing conditions and diversity at the workplace for greater productivity and effectiveness.