This module allows candidates to understand the main concepts underlying the secure use of ICT in daily life and to use relevant techniques and applications to maintain a secure network connection, use the Internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
• Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft
• Protect a computer, device or network from malware and unauthorised access
• Understand the types of networks, connection types, and network specific issues, including firewalls
• Browse the World Wide Web, communicate on the Internet securely
• Understand security issues related to communications, including email and instant messaging
• Back-up and restore data appropriately and safely, securely dispose of data and devices