Fundamentals Of The Personal Data Protection Act 2020 provides an overview and understanding of the PDPA and how it may be applied to companies or organisations for compliance. The Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) is established under the PDPA with the key functions, amongst others, of promoting awareness of data protection in Singapore and administering and enforcing the PDPA.
The modules focus on the necessary knowledge and skills required of employees to facilitate compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements. In addition to references to relevant parts of the PDPA, the course content is also largely adapted from the Advisory Guidelines published by the PDPC.
• Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that the organisation has to comply with;
• Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate compliance;
• Assess the organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
• Identify and document areas of non-compliance in business activities;
• Assist in review of the organisation’s guidelines / policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA;
• Assist in the implementation of procedures to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA in the day-to-day operations of the organisation; and
• Prepare management report for follow-up action.