While it may not be possible to be in the euphoria of being in love forever, it is certainly possible to stay married forever.
It is normal for a couple to have conflicts and clashes of interests. It happens even among the most understanding and loving couples. What really matters is to resolve the conflicts in the spirit of mutual respect.
Cinta Abadi… Marriage of a Lifetime marriage preparation programme sets the stage for soon-to-wed couples to learn and discover more about themselves and their partners. Through a variety of interactive activities, you will think through issues in a marriage and learn about effective communication and managing expectations and challenges in marriage.
As your journey in life gathers strength, you’ll discover that no one can guarantee happiness. But with sustained commitment and effort, endurance and understanding, one can definitely achieve it.
- Understand and acknowledge the changes and adjustments needed in your Values, Knowledge, and Behaviour.
- Be introduced to elements of self-mastery for a successful marriage.
- Understand that a good marriage is a wonderful experience; bliss built on the pillars of love and blessings.
- Identify your own Vision for your marriage.
- Reflect on how your own/partner strengths and weaknesses affect the marital relationship.
- Gain knowledge of skills needed to face the challenges.
- Discuss the values of "Rahmah", "Ihsan", and "Redha" that are essential in building a collaborative marriage.
- Acquire knowledge of how to plan a budget based on needs and resources.
- Understand the importance of clear roles and responsibilities.
- Understand the impact of poor management of roles, responsibilities, and finance.
- Get to discuss and negotiate roles and responsibilities.
- Understand the exclusivity and mutuality of sex and intimacy, given the guidelines that Islam provides.
- Discuss important factors to consider in starting a family.
- Discuss ways in strengthening emotional bond with partner.
- Understand the role of sex and intimacy in the context of family life, across the different phases of marriage.
- Fitting your in-laws in your marriage.
- Ways to save your marriage if things get too hot to handle.
- Tips on sustaining your marriage.